- Do I need to bring my own Yoga Mat?
- Yes, please bring a non-expensive low quality mat and/or towel as they will be exposed to goats. Yoga
mats are also available for rent at $5 each.
- Can kids come to Goat Yoga classes? Can they take the class alone?
- Kids need to be 8 years or older to attend a regular event. Children under the age of 18 must be
accompanied by a participating adult.
- Are there refunds?
- No, only if class is cancelled due to weather. We do allow for a one time reschedule in case a
cancellation is necessary on the yogi’s behalf.
- Is the class held indoors or outdoors?
- Depending on weather, we have both outdoor and indoor accommodations. Our goal is to have most
classes outside, so please dress appropriately.
- Are Gift Certificates Available?
- Yes, please follow the link to purchase yours today https://goatyoga.net/shop/.
- Do you do private events?
- Yes. We provide private events for team building for businesses, bachelorette parties, birthdays etc.
Please email us or our events team directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- What type of Yoga do you do in the class?
- It is an all-skills level Vinyasa style yoga class.
- Do I have to participate in the Yoga portion of the class?
- No. Some people just like to sit on their mat and snuggle goats.
- Can I bring family members or friends to take pictures of my class?
- No, we do not allow spectators at our class. We want everyone to have the best experience and
sometimes people feel uncomfortable when they feel other people are watching.
- What is the class capacity?
- We cap each session at 25 people to ensure that there is the perfect goat to human ratio and everyone
gets goat time.
- What is Goat Happy Hour?
- Goat Happy Hour is the hour following the class where you get to snuggle goats, take goat selfies and
have some fun with yoga poses alongside goats! I call it Goat Happy Hour because that’s how everyone
- How long is the event and what does it entail?
- The event is approximately an hour and half total. 30-45 minutes of Goat Yoga followed by 30-45
minutes of Goat Happy Hour.
- Are the goats in a separate area while the class is happening?
- No, the goats will be free to wander and snuggle up next to you.
- Where is the nearest airport?
- O’Hare International Airport is the closest airport to our location which is approximately 45 minutes
- Are there restrooms?
- Yes, we will have bathroom facilities.
- Are there hand washing stations and/or hand sanitizer?
- In warm to moderate weather we have a portable hand washing station. When the weather starts to
get cold, we have hand sanitizer.
- How many goats appear in the Yoga class?
- We have 9 goats on our farm, they all participate in goat yoga.
- Do the goats poop all over you?
- Goats have small pellets, and from time to time they do poop on your mat. It’s not messy and all you
have to do is shake off your mat. It doesn’t happen all that often, but it does happen. We have to remember
they are not dogs or cats but farm animals and they’re just doing their thing.
- Do your goats bite or headbutt?
- No, but they will they nibble at your zippers/buttons. Yes they do head butt, but they’ve never destroyed
anything. They’ve also never headbutted a human before. They just want to be pet and cuddled.
- Do you force the goats to participate?
- No. The goats are not forced to stand on your back or do tricks. Our classes are not a required
performance for them. The goats genuinely just prefer to be by humans and all they really want is to be pet and
- Is this a form of Animal-Assisted therapy?
- Yes. The focus of this class is not just to take pictures for Instagram. The focus is to combine nature,
goats, and yoga in order to disconnect with the stresses of life. Combining those three things is very
therapeutic and works as a happy distraction from whatever you may be going through, whether that be
depression, stress, disease, disabilities, or anything.
- Are your goats certified therapy goats?
- No. Most of the websites selling tags for “therapy” animals are a sales tool for the company. Therapy
animals do not need to be certified. You can read more about that in the About section of our website as well
as learn more about the difference between Service Animals and Therapy Animals.
- Will there be media?
- There are times when the media will come out to film an event. You are under no obligation to be
filmed. Each class is required to sign a media release form.
- Are there discounts?
- Students receive a $10 discount.
- Is this location Seasonal?
- This is a year round location, weather permitting.